Our client, Healthy Essentials Clinic (HEC), located in beautiful Lake Country, BC, is leading the way in providing an integrated and holistic approach to meeting their client’s health needs, physically, mentally and emotionally. At their very core, they are an integrative team of experienced health care professionals who provide person-centered care for clients and families who seek their unique services. They are inspired to grow and build HEC into a larger community of care providers who will help to make all people who desire health, wellness and personal excellence a reality.
Clients engaging HEC’s services receive timely access to primary care physicians and nursing, as well as a variety of integrative services such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, mental health support and counselling, Pilates and dieticians. Clients are provided with structured personalized programs delivered within a culture of trust, respect and integrity. HEC also hosts professional presentations and community workshops on a variety of topics.
You may have found your next employer if you are energized by an approach to health that focuses on:
- Personal and family-centred care;
- Collaborative and integrative care;
- Transforming people’s lives;
- Learning and developing together.
Imagine walking your patient across the hall to access other key services that they need to achieve their desired health results. As an organization flourishing at a significant pace, HEC is excited to be adding a Physiotherapist to its team. The successful candidate will believe in their unique approach to overall wellness and that as an organization you are better together.
As an integral part of HEC, you are a client-centered professional who is capable of working independently yet will be a collaborative team member who contributes to the positive culture of the clinic. You are an individual who is motivated to learn new evidence-based treatments in an integrative model, as well as work to support better health outcomes for your clients. Your role will be focused on performing physiotherapy assessments, prescribing exercise programs, creating individual treatment plans and educating clients on healing and repair of injuries. You will take a holistic approach to patient and family care while working with other professionals within the clinic to design a comprehensive individualized plan to help each client reach their goals.
A collaborative mindset is necessary as the Physiotherapist will be an integral part of existing programming within the clinic. Leadership qualities are an asset as you continue to build networks, client programs, and shared learning. Within this setting, you will be able to connect with community partners, resources and services to best support clients throughout their journey with HEC and transition them to discharge or to a maintenance phase of care. There will be opportunities to work with UBC Okanagan Faculty & Students if desired.
HEC’s model is outcome-focused and regularly evaluated. Physiotherapy and body movement therapy are an integral part of their success.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for providing timely access to treatment and be excited about the possibility of providing and participating in community and professional workshops to inform and equip clients and practitioners.
- A graduate of a Physiotherapy program recognized and approved by the Alliance for Physiotherapists;
- Registered with the College of Physical Therapists of B.C;
- 1-5 year’s experience specializing in Rehabilitation, MVA and Sport therapies;
- Previous experience or interest in offering consultation, education and coaching for:
- Mental health and addiction;
- Child development;
- Energy conservation and fatigue management within mental health, chronic disease and
- concussion contexts;
- Health promotion, lifestyle intervention and resiliency building;
- Mental health and addiction;
- Professional Liability Insurance is required;
- Previous experience working with WorkSafe BC and ICBC claims;
- Eagerness to work collaboratively within an integrated team model;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- A willingness to work at building clientele, HEC will assist you with this process;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully with patients/clients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care, and prognosis;
- Due to the nature of this role, a criminal record check will be completed
Significant thought has been put into the design and structure of the clinical and office spaces. HEC includes multiple private consultation and treatment rooms, a practitioner lounge and kitchen, open exercise therapy spaces and a brand-new Pilates gym with high-quality equipment.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please submit your cover letter and resume as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!