Our client, Healthy Essentials Clinic (HEC), located in beautiful Lake Country, BC, is leading the way in providing an integrated and holistic approach to meeting their client’s health needs, physically, mentally and emotionally. At their very core, they are an integrative team of experienced health care professionals who provide person-centered care for clients and families who seek their unique services. They are inspired to grow and build HEC into a larger community of care providers who will help to make all people who desire health, wellness and personal excellence a reality.
Clients engaging HEC’s services receive timely access to primary care physicians and nursing, as well as a variety of integrative services such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, mental health support and counselling, Pilates and dieticians. Clients are provided with structured personalized programs delivered within a culture of trust, respect and integrity. HEC also hosts professional presentations and community workshops on a variety of topics.
You may have found your next employer if you are energized by an approach to health that focuses on:
- Personal and family centred care;
- Collaborative and integrative care;
- Transforming people’s lives;
- Learning and developing together.
Imagine walking your patient across the hall to access other key services that they need to achieve their desired health results. As an organization flourishing at a significant pace, HEC is excited to be adding an additional Family Physician to its team. The successful candidate will believe in their unique approach to overall wellness and that as an organization you are better together.
Your role at HEC will include expertise in community medicine with a particular interest in mental health. The HEC integrative model is focused on collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and coordination of care for patients. Physicians maintain an independent practice and have support from other physician specialists and experts in various allied health roles. In addition, HEC will help support and ensure you can maintain close ties with local family physicians and regional hospitals. Within the clinic, you will be supported by experienced administrative staff and a modern EMR system.
- HEC offers an innovative and research-informed treatment model focused on prevention and early intervention. Their family-centered program helps to ease the burden on the healthcare system and improve patient outcomes. The basic elements of their streamlined program are:
- Integrated care model designed to share the burden of care;
- Team Case Consultations;
- Timely access to treatment;
- Structured mild, moderate, and acute outpatient programs designed to provide individualized care;
- Community and professional workshops to inform and equip clients, families, and practitioners.
As an integral part of HEC, you are a client-centered professional who is capable of working independently yet will be a collaborative team member who contributes to the positive culture of the clinic. You are an individual who is motivated to learn new evidence-based treatments in an integrative model, as well as work to support better health outcomes for your patients.
- Doctorate in Medicine;
- Full licensure with College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia;
- CCFP, Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory;
- Additional mental health training/courses considered an asset;
- Eagerness to work collaboratively within an integrated team model;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully with patients/clients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care, and prognosis.