Our client, Healthy Essentials Clinic (HEC), located in beautiful Lake Country, BC, is leading the way in providing an integrated and holistic approach to meeting their client’s health needs, physically, mentally and emotionally. At their very core, they are an integrative team of experienced health care professionals who provide person-centred care for clients and families who seek their unique services. They are inspired to grow and build HEC into a larger community of care providers who will help to make all people who desire health, wellness and personal excellence a reality.
Clients engaging HEC’s services receive timely access to primary care physicians and nursing, as well as a variety of integrative services such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, mental health support and counselling, Pilates and dieticians. Clients are provided with structured personalized programs delivered within a culture of trust, respect and integrity. HEC also hosts professional presentations and community workshops on a variety of topics.
You may have found your next employer if you are energized by an approach to health that focuses on:
- Personal and family-centred care;
- Collaborative and integrative care;
- Transforming people’s lives;
- Learning and developing together.
Imagine walking your patient across the hall to access other key services that they need to achieve their desired health results. As an organization flourishing at a significant pace, HEC is excited to be adding a Registered Clinical Dietitian to their team. The successful candidate will believe in their unique approach to overall wellness and that as an organization you are better together.
The Registered Clinical Dietitian provides comprehensive outpatient nutrition counselling services to clients and families struggling with mental health and healthcare issues. As the successful candidate, you will conduct thorough client assessments and will educate clients, families and healthcare professionals in this regard. You will collaborate with the HEC team to provide and create effective client resources and participate in treatment planning directed at client health outcomes. This may include the development of Day Treatment Programs, client support groups, in-services, psycho-educational groups and participation in research with the HEC team.
As an integral part of HEC, you are a client-centred professional who is capable of working independently yet will be a collaborative team member who contributes to the positive culture of the clinic. You are an individual who is motivated to learn new evidence-based treatments in an integrative model, as well as work to support better health outcomes for your clients.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for providing timely access to treatment and be excited about the possibility of providing and participating in community and professional workshops to inform and equip clients and practitioners.
- Good standing membership with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia;
- Required to have personal liability insurance with a minimum of two-million-dollar coverage;
- 3+ years of previous experience;
- The ability to approach health, whole foods nutrition and intuitive eating with a holistic mindset;
- Research, marketing and/or development experience is considered an asset;
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence with public speaking;
- Strong communication and clinical skills as well as familiarity with EMR charting will be considered an asset;
- Competent technical skills and virtual counselling skills;
- Able to make decisions and take initiative proactively;
- Capable of managing a complex and varied workload;
- Eager to work collaboratively within an integrated team model;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Due to the nature of this role, a criminal record check will be completed.
As a clinic committed to providing timely access to individual and family needs, through structured programs, they are looking forward to welcoming another talented team member who takes great pride in helping their community grow and prosper. You will be joining and contributing to a supportive and healthy work culture and provided with the ability to work flexible hours (2-3 days a week) depending on your personal needs and preference. You will join the clinic as a contractor and your hourly rate will be assessed regularly. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn in a safe environment and be a part of an exceptional team.
Significant thought has been put into the design and structure of the clinical and office spaces. HEC includes multiple private consultation and treatment rooms, a practitioner lounge and kitchen, open exercise therapy spaces and a brand-new Pilates gym with high-quality equipment.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please submit your cover letter and resume as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!